Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I was born in a country which was tiny and considered holy,
But the tv showed great achievements of that particular country.
I am the kind of student who dislike schooling,
But I still attended lessons anyway.
I find singing the National Anthem before school each day quite a chore,
But I sing it with pride anyway.
Teachers piss me off lots of times,
But i didn't do the same to them.
I had lots of common hobbies,
but I find all of them unique and interesting.
Teachers urge me to consult other teachers for help when I needed it,
But I only go to my friends whenever the need arises.
Government promotes healthy lifestyle in schools,
But canteen food keeps me going on throughout the boring lessons.
I love songs,
especially songs from local artists.
Our group goes to the Esplanade for SVA outings,
Because that place is very nice and well-built up, and uniquely singapore.
I love durians sometimes,
Cos everyone's eating it, saying its a king of the fruits in singapore.
I don't exactly love gaming,
But I still join my friends when they go for lan, to keep economy runnin.
Whenever my family goes out for dinner,
its always the food centres where local foods are found.
Our family didn't display the National Flag outside the house today,
Cos this house isn't ours.
I wore red and white to school yesterday,
Cos the teachers asked us to, unknowingly, I wore it.
I watched the National day flag as it was being ferried across during National Day celebrations,
Cos it was once a year that happened,
I listened a little to sinagapore's history during History lessons,
Cos I think its easier to remember.
And I am a Singaporean, made in Singapore, Processed in Singapore and maintained by singapore. And Im proud of it (:

No comments: